Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Reflection

I did not like Monday's class at all. It was totally frustrating and infuriating. I was a part of one of the groups that did not support the No Child Left Behind Plan. It was frustrating because everyone in the other groups actually acted like more assessment was the way to go. I don' t think I could have done that good of a job of role playing if I had been in their shoes. It was also irritating because if something like what we modeled were to actually happen in real life and succeed, I think that would be the only thing that would make me stop being a teacher. If I had to teach kids only for assessment, that would ruin the whole teaching experience for me.

I also felt like I had some really valid points, but I can never get a word in edgewise with anyone in our class. As for the professors, it was frustrating because it was hard at first to take them seriously, but they did such a good job of role modeling that it just really started to piss me off.

I think role modeling is effective if you want kids to get passionate about something. My face felt red hot as I walked out of that class Monday night because I felt helpless and angry. It's an awful feeling and I hope I never have to feel it in that type of a situation again. As in, I hope when I become a teacher, there is never a meeting that is striving for the outcome this role modeling activity was striving for.

No comments:

Post a Comment